B.O.L.D. – Broadening Opportunity through Leadership Diversity.
B.O.L.D. is a unique leadership development program exclusively designed for culturally diverse executives and senior managers. Developed in response to the real needs of our clients to meet long-term objectives, the B.O.L.D. program is distinctive in its approach to building leadership diversity. B.O.L.D. equips high-potential, culturally diverse managers and executives, internationally trained professionals and Aboriginal peoples with powerful insights, tools and strategies to skillfully advance their careers to the next level, while firmly grounding their value in the organization’s bottom line.
Next session starts April 2018. Click the icon above to download the 2018 brochure.
- Diversity embedded in the leadership module content, program design, approach and delivery for domestic and global applications
- Offers collaboration and collective learning among a cohort of senior peers with a shared experience of the unique issues and opportunities facing leaders of diverse backgrounds and a spectrum of global perspectives and styles
- Designed for diverse leaders to engage with their employers to leverage organizational benefits throughout the eight-month process
- A real-time, on-the-job, action-oriented, deep practice approach with a continuum of supports for workplace integration and sustainability
- Combines the best ideas, methods, reputation, experience and variety of faculty and coaches from Canada’s leading university, human capital and diversity specialists
- Features a multi-model delivery including case studies, simulations, experiences and perspectives from CEOs, executives, industry and community leaders and peers
B.O.L.D. provides action-learning on real issues supported by your own Success Coach and accountability partner, and is focused on your specific talents, assets and value to your organization.
Be inspired and energized.
The eight-month, nine-session B.O.L.D. program features three full-day, high-engagement, applied learning modules, three facilitated peer-coaching groups and three one-on-one executive coaching sessions. Downtown Toronto is the location of the monthly sessions for the next session, which is scheduled from April 2018 to November 2018.
The B.O.L.D. program is designed to fit a management schedule, and be immediately applied to your work and in your workplace. Structured skills development and learning and sharing activities take place “in class” with limited pre-reading, pre-session work or assignments. The real work is putting into practice and action the monthly learnings for yourself, with your team, and within the organization.
An important component of the B.O.L.D. program and process is the integrated employer-sponsor and talent interface. The format and structure is determined by you and your employer-sponsor to maximize these learnings and share ideas that can add value to your leadership and the organization’s diversity and inclusion outcomes.
- Get “Straight Talk With CEOs and Thought Leaders”
- Accelerate management capabilities and capacity
- Enhance innovation and effectiveness
- Optimize leadership skills, IQ and EQ through customized one-on-one coaching
- Expand new and valuable peer relationships and networks
- Break through communication barriers and build consensus across race, cultures and gender differences
- Understand communications styles, nuances and filters in interactions with diverse stakeholders
- Command conversations and present compelling business cases using unique tools
- Develop critical skills that help flex leadership styles to excel in managing diverse business teams and sustaining culturally competent workplaces
- Apply strategies and gain tools to heighten influence, collaboration and shared accountability
- Power up leadership strengths with a razor-sharp vision and assertive personal action plan
- Build and expand influential relationships and diverse professional networks that connect you to a supply chain of resources and supports
- Assert your diverse leadership value proposition and unique individual brand
- Engage with a diverse multi-sector, multi-industry cohort over the eight-month program
- Three full-day leadership coaching modules
- Three one-on-one coaching sessions
- Three peer-group facilitated coaching sessions
Click here to download the B.O.L.D. 2018 brochure.
Join the next B.O.L.D. cohort.
B.O.L.D. participants commit to a highly interactive program. The program consists of nine customized coaching sessions over the eight-month period, customized to meet each participant’s leadership goals. Each session begins in April.
Why an eight-month program?
- Embed diversity and inclusion into the organization
- Elevate and enhance your greater credibility, confidence and connections
- Master new skills and learnings through consistent and rigorous application and practice
- Transform knowledge into applied intelligence
- Break down silos and build new collaborations
- Test what works and what doesn’t
B.O.L.D. is right for you if you are:
- On a career trajectory to progressively senior positions
- Distinguished by your track record of achievement in effectively managing teams
- Committed to professional development and heightened effectiveness
- Motivated to leverage your leadership talent for your organization’s competitive advantage
Your position is:
- Private sector vice president, senior manager, business director, junior partner
- Public sector director, deputy director or senior manager
- Non-profit sector executive, executive director or director
We are looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your interest in registering for B.O.L.D
Set up your information call today – B.O.L.D. is a high-engagement program and we want to make sure it is a good fit for you.
- Please fill in the Registration Form. We look forward to connecting with you immediately. Kindly offer three contact dates and times, along with the your name, phone number, company and title. We will send a confirmation of the scheduled call.
Program Tuition: $9,500 plus applicable taxes for the 8-month program instruction, coaching , mentoring, program materials, lunches and refreshments.
Payment may be made by cheque, online or by e-transfer.
Participants who pay all or part of their tuition may be able to claim the expense as a deduction against income.
Cancellations must be received in writing no later than 30 days prior to the start of the program. No refunds will be issued if less than 30 days notice is provided.
The deposit of $1,500 (plus HST) will be held on account. One free transfer is permitted, provided written notice is received at least 30 days in advance of the program start date.
Please note: Fees, dates, speakers and applicable taxes are subject to change.
Participants must attend all program days and fulfill program requirements in order to formally complete the program.
B.O.L.D. supports the growth and ambition of companies and organizations and aspirations of individuals who are positioned to take on leadership roles. Together, we believe that we can tackle one of the biggest challenges to Canada’s future prosperity – building leadership diversity into the most senior roles in all sectors.
In January 2013 Diversity Advantage International (DAI) convened over 30 leading diversity thought leaders and champions. CEOs, VPs and Directors responded to a call to action put forth by DAI, along with the Schulich Executive Education Centre and Knightsbridge.